Should I Change Visa Status in the U.S. or at U.S. Consulate?

 In Blog

E-2 Visa is non-immigrant visa that allows foreign individuals to enter and work in the United States that is based on the applicant’s investment that he/she will be managing in the U.S. Here is the list of questions about E-2 Visa which are mostly asked by our clients.

When applying for E-2 Visa you should firstly determine where to file the application. That is, should you file at U.S. Consulate or in the U.S. and change your status.

Can I Change Status While in the U.S.?

If you are in the U.S. on a visa other than E-2, you can file a petition to change status to an E-2 Visa with the USCIS. You must submit Form I-129 and you must provide documentation to support all of the elements outlined in the E-2 visa requirements.

Applying for an E-2 Visa at a U.S. Consulate.

Firstly, you should complete the online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 and upload photo and print the application form. You must also complete a DS-156E supplement. Other documentations and the exact instructions of how you should apply for the visa are usually outlined on the website of the relevant consulate. If you have dependents, separate DS-160 applications must be completed for them.

Click here to learn how to extend your visa? 

Did you like this article?

Sign up to our newsletter and share it with your friends.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment


Ready to start a business in the USA and apply for E2 Visa? 

and let me show you how!

Almost there! Now check your email...