Create a roadmap before moving to the U.S.
Relocating to the USA from another country can be pretty overwhelming. Here are a few steps to guide you to make your transition easier:
Get clear on WHY you want to move to the USA
sometimes we are not clear on our WHY and before you take this big step in your life, make sure you know what motivates you.
- Get clear on where do you want to move, which state? Each state has different pros and cons. New York is more expensive than Chicago. On the other hand, the weather in Chicago can be pretty cold. Consider all options and make a smart decision.
- Practice English language (ESL schools, tutors, etc.) before you move to the USA because it will be much easier to overcome the culture shock if you already know any English.
- Incorporate LLC (If you are investor or owner of small business) you can start your LLC, S-Corp, or S-Corp online. You don’t have to be present in the USA in order to incorporate.
- If you are an investor intending to get E-2 Visa, the next step would be to fly to the USA to open the bank account.
- Get familiar with the real estate and housing options. You need to have a credit score if you want to rent a property in the USA. Because you don’t have a credit score yet, we recommend to apply for Credit card asap, and use alternative options like airbnb.com or other websites zillow.com, craigslist.org. If you are an investor and you can afford to buy a real estate property right away, search for a local real estate agents or brokers. Contact us if you need any assistance.
- Apply for your visa at the US Embassy, or at the USCIS by changing of your status.
Did you like this article? Please share it with your friends.
Also, if you are an investor planning to move to the USA make sure to download our free eBook on How to Get E-2 Visa to the USA.