I Got fired by my U.S. Employer

 In Blog

I Got Fired By My U.S. Employer

In this article, we are going to talk about what to do if your U.S. employer fired you and therefore your visa is about to expire.

If you are here on L1-B visa or H1-B visa you are sponsored by your U.S. sponsor and if you got fired you MUST leave the country or change your legal status. Any costs associated with your removal will be covered by your employer.

First, you can change your status in the USA by applying for a change of status at https://www.uscis.gov. You may want to change your status from either L to B tourist visa or from H1B to B tourist visa. You must change the status before your current status expires. However, if you don’t apply for the status change within the limited time period you overstay and automatically become an illegal alien. Such action will have negative impact and consequences in the future, therefore, we recommend to keep your status in check. Another option is to leave the country, apply for B tourist visa at the U.S. Embassy and come back. You can also come back on ESTA if applicable.

Another option is to apply start your own business and eventually apply for the E2 Investor visa. In that case, click here to read the article How to get E-2 Visa here. With E2 Investor visa, you need to invest a substantial amount of capital and you must be a national from a Treaty Country. There is no maximum or minimum requirement. Generally, the amount of your investment should be anywhere between $50,000 to $500,000.

Did you like this article? Please share it with your friends.

Download Free e-book on How to Get E2 Investor Visa.

Also, check out the article Difference Between ESTA and B1 Business Visa.

Connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/immigrationbiz.

Connect with us on Tweeter at www.twitter.com/immigrationbiz1.


Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment


Ready to start a wildly profitable business in the USA and apply for E2 Visa? 

and let me show you how!

Almost there! Now check your email...