How to apply for B work visa in lieu of H1B

 In Blog

The B-1 visa category traditionally permits foreign individuals to enter the U.S. temporary for business related activities such as a business meeting, a conference, or network event.

The B-1 in lieu of H-1B can be a powerful tool for foreign employers who intend to send out their employee for a temporary project in the USA. If you have a business or affiliate partner in the USA and you like to send out your employee for a temporary project to the USA, you may do so if the employee meets the following criteria:

You must show a valid employment contract with the employer in your home country

  1. You must show that your employer is going to cover all living expenses, as well as pay the salary for the work you perform on the project;
  2. Prepare an itinerary and cover letter and state a length of stay (maximum six months), describe what’s the project about, state the salary/wage amount paid by the your employer;
  3. Show the bank statement with a sufficient amount of money to cover the expenses in the USA;
  4. You need to show that you do not intent to stay in the U.S. permanently. Therefore, proof of ties to your home country is necessary. For example, you may own a property, car, or have a family that stays in the home country.
  5. Gather necessary evidence and apply for the DS-160 at the US Embassy website.
  6. Schedule for the interview and pay the visa fee.


Also, if you are an investor planning to move to the USA make sure to download our free eBook on How to Get E-2 Visa to the USA.

Did you like this article? Please share it with your friends.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment


Ready to start a wildly profitable business in the USA and apply for E2 Visa? 

and let me show you how!

Almost there! Now check your email...