How to File for EB-2 and EB-3 Green Card

 In Blog

EB2 and EB3 green cards are employment based immigrant visas. Both require getting a labor certification from the Labor Department and then you can file for actual EB2 or EB3 green card with the USCIS.


Both Eb3 and Eb2  green cards are for people who are either professional or skilled workers. EB3 is for people who have either the U.S. master degree or bachelor’s degree with five years of experience. Obtaining the EB3 green card usually takes longer than EB2.


In order to apply for an EB2 or EB3 green card you need to meet the following requirements:
  1. File a PERM with labor department in order to obtain (LCA) certification;
  2. Advertise for the position at least two Sundays in local newspapers;
  3. Document every step in the advertising process and explain why none of the candidates was a good fit for the company;
  4. File the Form I-140;

Once the Form I-140 is approved, apply for the adjustment of the status (green card).

In general, people usually first apply for H1B work visa and then apply for Eb2 or Eb3. Click here to read about H1B

Also, check out our youtube channel here. Or download our free eBook

Did you like this article? Please share it or leave a comment below if you have more questions.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment


Ready to start a wildly profitable business in the USA and apply for E2 Visa? 

and let me show you how!

Almost there! Now check your email...