What Is The Best Visa Option for Investors?

 In Blog

The Best Visa Options for Investors and Business Owners.

Here are some immigration options for Investors, Business Owners & Entrepreneurs who want to start a business in the U.S. The decision regarding which Visa to apply for depends on how much money you have, whether you want a permanent or temporary Visa, and which Visas you qualify for.

E-2 Treaty Investor Visa.

This is one of the options for entrepreneurs to set up a new business in the U.S, actively manage and direct the operations of the business in the U.S, and invest a significant amount of money. However, you have to be from one of the countries which has treaties with the U.S. Click here to see the list of countries. E-2 visas are non-immigrant visas. The amount of money you need to invest will vary according to the business, but it must be substantial in relation to the overall costs of setting up the business. Advantages of these visas are their possible renewal, and your spouse is eligible for a work visa too. Also, you can apply for E-2 visa in your home country at the U.S. Consulate.

EB-5 Green Card via Investment.

The key advantage of this immigration visa is that you and your family get green cards, but the down side is that this visa requires a substantial investment (either $500,000 or $1,000,000), and is complex due to its expensiveness. Some of the main criteria are:

• You must invest or be actively in the process of investing either $1,000,000 in a city settings, or US $500,000 in rural settings

• The investment must be active or at risk

• You must prove that the investment directly or indirectly results in the creation of ten full time jobs within 2 years

Other Visas Options for Investors & Entrepreneurs.

Other start-up visas are H1-B Visa and L-1 Visa. H1-B is standard professional working visa, which is designed for large established companies.  If you’re a new start-up with no funding, customers or revenue, then this could present a problem. You must have at least a bachelor’s degree to apply for H1-B. Click here to learn more about H1B Visa.

L-1 Visa is for intra-company transfers, but to apply for it,  you’ll have to have been employed by a related company in a foreign country for at least one year before applying to be transferred to the U.S. company. Click here to learn more about L-1 Visa & H1-B Visa.

Click here to learn how to extend your visa in the U.S. 

Did you like this article?

Sign up to our newsletter and share it with your friends.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment


Ready to start a business in the USA and apply for E2 Visa? 

and let me show you how!

Almost there! Now check your email...