The Ultimate Start-up Visa

 In Blog

What Are the Ultimate Start-up Visa?

In this article, we are going to discuss what are good visas for foreign start-ups. If you are starting your own business in the USA, then there are three options you might consider; H1B, E2, and L Visa.
With H1B you can start a business in the U.S. and eventually sponsor yourself, or you can find a sponsor in the U.S. as long as you have a U.S. bachelor or master degree, or equivalent and years of relevant experience. Keep in mind that the USCIS issues only, a limited number of H1B visas per year; 60,000 visas in regular cap and additional 20,000 visas in a master cap.

Based on our previous experience over the half decade, that we are in the business, has been E2 Investor visa. In order to apply for your E-2 visa, you must be a national of the Treaty Country that has signed the international treaty between the U.S. and your home country. You can double check the list of the Treaty countries here. Next, you have to invest a substantial amount of capital. Generally, the amount of your investment should be anywhere between $50,000 to $500,000 and it really depends on the business. With E2 visa, you have to be the investor and manager for your own start-up. You can apply for E2 Investor visa from your home country and you don’t have to wait for a long time to receive a decision from USCIS as you normally do in other visa types. You can also transfer your employees to the USA by applying for E2 essential employee visa.

Third, you can apply for L-work visa. This visa is a great option for people who are running multinational businesses and are opening an affiliated company in the USA. You can send your employees to the USA under L-1B Intra-company Transferee Visa to work in your affiliate office. If you are the manager or executive of your start-up you can apply for L1-A manager visa and eventually apply for EB-1 immigrant visa aka green card.

Did you like this article? Please share it with your friends.

Download Free e-book on How to Get E2 Investor Visa.
Click here to read more about Difference between H1B Visa and L Visa.
Connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/immigrationbiz.
Connect with us on Tweeter at www.twitter.com/immigrationbiz1.


Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment


Ready to start a business in the USA and apply for E2 Visa? 

and let me show you how!

Almost there! Now check your email...